ICY BOX IB-2280SSK - Backplane for 8x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD and SSD
- Preorder - Contact for ETA
- Calculated at Checkout
HDDs in the 2.5" form factor are getting more and more popular as their storage capacity is growing. It is a logical consequence to employ them in servers. That's why ICY BOX offers a backplane that fits into 2x 5.25" unit bays and holds 8x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDDs or SSDs. The height of the HDDs may even be 15 mm, for greatest storage capacity.
This ICY BOX works reliably even with huge amounts of data being transfered. That's a great recommendation for the hard duty in RAID systems. Accordingly demanding is the layout of the cooling. While the aluminium casing cools a 70mm fan works silent and reliable. Everything is as solid and safe as you might know it from the ICY BOX backplanes for the "big ones".
- For 8x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD/SSD in 2x 5.25" bay
- Supports SAS/SATA III 6 Gbit/s
- HDD height up to 15 mm
- Robust industrial design
- Full aluminum/metal
- 8x HDD trays with Key Lock
- Ø 7 cm fan (2400/3000 rpm)
- Trayless and easy installation
- Hot Swap
- Alarm for overheating and fan failure
- Model: IB-2280SSK
- Brand: ICY BOX
- Material: Aluminium/Metal
- Colour: Black
- HDD size (Zoll): 2.5
- HDD interface: 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA I/II/II
- HDD capacity: Unlimited
- Plug & Play:Yes
- Transfer rate:Up to 6 Gbit/s
- LED:Power, HDD Access, Fan status, Temperature
- Operating system:OS Independent
Great Service from AusPCMarket. Ordered and delivered in 24 hours to WA!!
Have connected this to my server with 8 x SAS drives and used an IBM/LSI HBA adaptor in IT mode.
All hard drives visible in Server 2012R2.
Could format drives via the LSI BIOS utility.
So far, so good...