4Cabling 0.5m SC-SC OM4 Multimode Fibre Optic Cable - Aqua
- Product ID:
- In Stock
- Calculated in Cart or Checkout
0.5m SC-SC OM4 Multimode Fibre Optic Cable: Aqua
Fibre patch cables are the thin, flexible fibres of glass that carry data, telephone conversations and emails high speed all over the world in a matter of seconds with much less interference than copper patch lead. Fibre Optic cables need less amplification to boost signals so they travel better over longer distances.
4Cabling 's OM4 laser optimised multimode fibre optic patch leads provide the connection from Ethernet 10Mbit/s to 10Gbit/s Gigabit Ethernet, they are the cost-effective way to replace your copper-based patch leads. 4Cabling fibre optic cable is immune to EMI/ RFI frequency, mainly used on patch panels for the connection between outlets and terminal equipment. The multimode optical fibre cables are manufactured using LSZH cables which conform to IEC, EIA TIA and Telcordia standards.
4Cabling Multimode Fibre Optics leads is the cost-effective way of your cabling solution.
2mm OVERSLEEVING. WARRANTY 3 YEARS. UPC (Ultra Physical Contact) Connector
- Cross-connect patching
- Backbone application in building
- Termination enclosure for equipment patching
- Equipment to equipment patching
- OM4 is backwards compatible with OM3
- Conforms to ISO/ IEC 11801
- Individually labelled for lead tracing
- Low smoke zero halogen (LSZH) cable
- Manufactured with stringent quality control
- UPC (Ultra Physical Contact) connector
- All leads are supplied with a factory test report
- Fibre Optic Cables conform to ITU-651, TIA/EIA492AAAD
- Duplex configurable assemblies for LC, SC, ST & SC/A, as well as MTRJ Patch leads
- All ends are polished and individually inspected for correct polishing
- Supports high-speed multi-channel data, voice & video applications
- OM4 Multimode
- SC-SC Fibre Termination
- Length: 0.5m
- Colour: Aqua
- Oversleeving: 2mm
What is the difference between an OM3 and OM4 fibre network?
Points to note:
- Connectors are the same
- Termination of the connectors is the same
- Transceivers are the same (both operate 850nm VCSELS (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers)
- Fibre core size 50/125 is the same
- Both fibres are Laser Optimised Multimode Fibre (LOMMF).
OM3 is fully compatible with OM4. The difference is the construction of the fibre cable, in that OM4 cable has better attenuation and can operate at a higher bandwidth than OM3.